Vintage flowers and dystopia

Yes. I'm talking about Wither by Lauren DeStefano.

It happens to be one of the most lyrical, poetic books I've read with an original storyline. Seriously, while I read it made my eyes wide. I finished it in a couple of hours (much to the dismay of my mother). She thinks I read faster than she has the time to take me to the bookstore (which is probably true).

The most interesting thing about the book - to me - was the fact that in the story, men lived to 25 and women to 20. You hear about viruses that kill you off in five days (watch Hong Kong historical dramas), or cancer that gives you a year left to live (read Ways to Live Forever by Sally Nicholls), but this is the first time I've heard something so different.

So I, like a bazillion other readers, am waiting (probably impatiently) for the next book, Fever. So... haha... I'm actually posting this incredible long-winded (but TRUE) post because of a giveaway hosted by Lauren DeStefano - a giveaway of proof jackets of Fever's cover. Needless to say, Wither has one of the best, most breathtaking covers I've ever seen. Evermore by Alyson Noel was another one with a stunning cover, but I think I like Wither more.

Read about the giveaway here.

Ah. I probably won't win. I'm just bored. Incredibly bored. And I happen to like books, so...

Yes. I can see no one follows my reasoning.

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Followers


Recent Comments