I give my fist love to you

No. Not to YOU. I was talking about the Japanese movie Boku no Hatsukoi Kimi wo Sasagu, which translates to I give my first love to you.

I first saw the movie in about April/June/July-ish. I remember it was after a school day when all the clubs had to sell stuff to us, and we all went out of the school early to my friend's house to practice for our English aural test. We did practice, but basically we watched more tv than we did any practice. One of the movies we watched was this one.

I didn't get to finish watching it 'cause my mother came by then, but I did remember the title of the movie, because, well, it was eye-catching. Normally I have no interest in tear-jerking stories about romance and death, but then I dunno, this just sort of caught my interest. I didn't want it until today, and when I did, I didn't cry.

Huh. I was expecting I'd cry, actually, but I didn't. The front par of it was boring for me, actually, since it was just Takuma and Mayu (the main characters) in the hospital, but around the time they were in high school, I really got pulled in. The acting was great, and the story was lively, funny, even, and at the end, well, it was really sad. My friend bet me I'd cry, and I didn't *looks proud of herself* but in reality, I really felt for the characters. I mean, everything seems so innocent, with all the careful moments, and everything, but some would probably call it a cliche. I haven't watched enough of these to tell what qualifies as a cliche, but I have to say I enjoyed it.

Bored me + procrastinating me = watching movies.

And NOW I have to say I'm becoming addicted to instrumental songs. And Akiko Shikata. AKIKO SHIKATA. Oh, her voice is totally otherworldly. Go. Listen. To. It. Grrrr....

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Older Post Home

Followers


Recent Comments